How Our Step-on & Motorcoach Tours Work
Red Line Tours offers step-on services and motorcoach tours to private groups only. Step-on services require your own coach, however we can provide charter coach service and tour guides if you require both. Following is information on how we operate our step-on and motorcoach tours.
Group Departure Times
Tours can be run anytime you like, day or night.
Group Departure Location
We can operate step-on and motorcoach tours from anywhere you like including from your hotel, school, business, meeting and even for your airport layover. We highly recommend beginning and ending your tour from the same location.
Our New York guides are experts on neighborhoods including but not limited to: All Manhattan neighborhoods, Brooklyn, Queens, the Bronx, Staten Island, and Jersey City.
Length of Tour
Step-on and motorcoach tours can vary greatly in length depending on what you want to see. Most comprehensive city tours require approximately 5 hours.
How We Figure Cost
- Base Cost – Our base cost includes both tour planning and the cost of guide service.
- Additional Time – If guides are required to travel a distance greater than 30 minutes to begin or end your tour there is an additional fee of $25/hour to cover the guide’s travel time and fuel cost.
- Return – If your tour begins and ends from different points and you are not able to return our guide(s) to the start point, then the cost of returning our guide to the start point may be added to the final cost. This cost is variable depending on the distance between end and start point and mode of transport. If guide is able to return using public transit then this cost is waived.
- Gratuity – Gratuities are non-compulsory and are not included in our rates. Please let us know if you would like to add your guide’s gratuity to the final cost or if your group members will be providing a gratuity at time of service.
- Charter Coach – We can provide charter coach service for your tour in various sizes including 9 seat Sprinters, 30 seat minibuses, and 48 and 56 seat motorcoaches. Service cost is also based on a 5-hour minimum and include the cost of coach, driver, local taxes and fuel surcharges. The driver’s gratuity is non-compulsory and is not included in our rates. Please let us know if you would like us to add your driver’s gratuity to the final cost or if your group members will be providing a gratuity at time of service. Some coaches include luxurious leather seating, restrooms, wheelchair lifts, and optional galley space. Please call us to enquire about current rates.
Where to Begin?
Begin by telling us about your group and describe your group’s requirements. We prefer that your initial contact is in writing so that we know we have everything we need including:
- Your group’s name. (If you are a tour operator we would like the name of your business and the group’s name as a reference)
- The total number of guides needed.
- Name of the legal entity responsible for your group if different from above (to enter into our Service Agreement with you).
- The date and time requested for service.
- The name, phone and email address of the person responsible for organizing your group.
- Any special needs we may need to know such as a wheelchair, or vision/hearing impaired group member.
Once we have this information we will provide you with a rate and will email you our standard Service Agreement to review and return to us with signature. If you chose to move forward with service we will set up your account with our Receivables department and will require the following information:
- Name of the legal entity responsible for the group if different from above.
- Name of person assigned to your account if different from above.
- Address, phone and email for accounting purposes.
Once we have the above information we will generate an invoice to match the Service Agreement we have issued you previously.
Group Payment Policy
Payment for your group can be made by company check or credit card. We prefer a company check Red Line Tours accepts most major credit cards including Visa, MasterCard, and Discover. Payment in full is required prior to service for all groups unless an agreement is made in writing.